- Fuel Economy improvements 2-4mpg.
- Very broad torque/performance curve for better drivability.
- 34hp, 60 ftlb over stock.
- Reduced lag with pedal input, more responsive and predictable behavior.
- 0-60 mph about 1.5 seconds quicker than stock.
- Improved combustion efficiency for reduced soot formation. Reduces frequency of regeneration events.
- Reduced soot loading in the engine oil. Can extend service interval if testing oil.
- Includes OBD flash tool for ease of installation
- Flash tool holds stock and GDE tunes, takes 8 minutes to change between tunes
- For more contents of the GDE Tune visit the EcoDiesel Performance Data page
Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel (WK2) Compliant Engine/Trans Tune Combo
Introductory Special at: $1100 Regular price $1300
- Additional information
- Trans Tune Specifications
- Engine Braking Feature
- Trans Race Mode
- Trans Dyno Cal
- Reviews (0)
|Dimensions||8 × 6 × 4 in|
Trans Tune Specifications
Eliminates 2-1 downshift hesitation at low speed tip-in maneuvers (i.e. rolling stop sign re-acceleration)
• Upshifts earlier in all conditions for improved fuel economy.
• Downshift criteria revamped to best utilize engine torque curve and stay in each gear longer.
• Hill mode optimization to prevent gear hunting
• Refinement on shift scheduling in altitude to provide better engine responsiveness
• Revamped warm-up mode scheduling to provide faster engine warmup (i.e. 1-2 gears lower compared to normal shift maps)
• Increased minimum engine speed after upshift during DPF regeneration for better regen efficiency (this feature will only appear with the GDE Hot Tune installed in ECM).
• Eliminated shift schedule offset based on steering wheel angle to give better continuity of powertrain presence.
• All new tow/haul mode scheduling for maintaining best engine speed range during trailering.
• More use of converter lockup and reduced slip rates to reduce tranny fluid heat load and improve fuel economy.
• More linear response in shifting in medium/high load.
• The shift speeds are quicker and torque response optimized.
• Positive torque requests enabled during downshifts at lower engine speeds for smoother and quicker shifts.
• Highway passing downshifts are sharper and torque is immediate.
• Holds gear better while towing and less hunting on grades.
• Enables 2nd gear launch from a stop using steering wheel paddles (Jeep).
• Jeep Eco Mode now remembers the last mode selected instead of defaulting always to Eco Mode (for 2014-2015 vehicles)
• Jeep Eco Mode has a more relaxed accelerator pedal mapping and shift scheduled designed for fuel economy.
Engine Braking Feature
The engine braking feature is a useful add-on for customers that tow often or folks that drive down mountain grades. The feature is active when the following conditions are met: in gears 1-8, engine rpm above 2500 rpm, and foot off the accel pedal. While the engine braking is active the turbo vanes are closed more to create higher back pressure in the exhaust manifold. This makes it harder to push exhaust out and that force acts on the pistons to help slow the vehicle down. This helps to reduce the need for vehicle brakes and reduces wear on the brake hardware.
The feature not active in normal driving conditions.
Trans Race Mode
All Jeep Grand Cherokee
- Engine and transmission warmed up (engine > 80°C, trans > 60°C)
- Vehicle at stand-still, steering wheel straight
- Engage SPORT mode (2014-2015 pull back on shifter once when in “D”, 2016 press button on dash)
- Press brake pedal as hard as possible
- Accelerate engine to more than 1700rpm
- Release brake pedal and apply accelerator to WOT as fast as possible
At the conclusion of step 6, RACE mode is engaged and so shifts are with faster times than normal and *no torque management*.
RACE mode will exit when any of the below are fulfilled:
- Accelerator is released less than 92%, OR
- Current engaged gear reaches 6th or higher, OR
- A drive mode change occurs (i.e. exit manual shift mode, turn on tow/haul), OR
- Steering wheel is turned
After a successful RACE mode engagement, the function is blocked for 45 seconds. This allows all the shift elements to cool down from the prior use.
Trans Dyno Cal
This option is a separate trans tune that holds 5th or 6th gear to allow a full pull on a chassis dyno without the trans downshifting or disengaging lock-up.